Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Day Out Lasts 48 Hours

The travel gods are with me - somehow the last few flights I've been Pre-TSA Approved. Zowie! No disrobing! My laptop stays safe! And even better - all the recent news reports about diverted flights due to the great seat reclining debate - everyone on my red-eye was on their best behavior. No seats backs in my face forcing me to squirm and steam. Our early arrival meant we could hit the ground running.
Bird People - the fest starts out very nicely...
Are you a 'Good Wife' freak like I am? Did you mourn the loss of Josh Charles' character? 'Bird People' is a great visit with him, and his special brand of melancholia. See it when it comes around.

'Maps To The Stars' was on everyone's must-see list and the fest only scheduled one Industry screening (thus  far). David Cronenberg, known as the King of Venereal Horror or the Baron of Blood, does a very Cronenberg-ial view of Hollywood, egos, money and just plain weirdness in the well acted drama with Julianne Moore, John Cusak, Robert Pattinson and Mia Wasikowska.


I'm going to be polite and skip my take on 'Mommy',
                                                                                                                                                                  I REALLY liked 'The Judge' - watch for this very well written and exceptionally acted movie about relationships between fathers and sons.  No doubt it will be at a Sundance Cinemas location very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment